We provide many great opportunities to study the Bible, connect with each other, and grow in faith together. As we experience life; we each offer unique and personal stories of triumph and struggle, whereby our faith has the opportunity to be strengthened. Our Bible Studies are aimed at supporting and celebrating with each other as we mutually grow closer to God. The author C.S Lewis was quoted saying,
“If you want to get warm you must stand near the fire: if you want to be wet you must get into the water. If you want joy, power, peace, eternal life, you must get close to, or even into, the thing that has them.”— C.S Lewis
He was, of course, referring to our need as Christians to be living in the Word of God. What sound advice he offered. We have a variety of Bible Study topics and groups so that you can get ‘into the thing that has them’…the Word of God.
Below is a listing of ongoing Bible Studies:
- WORLD RELIGIONS SUMMER BIBLE STUDY – Do you wonder how to talk to your non-Christian friends and neighbors about Jesus? What do we have in common with other religions, such as Judaism, Islam, and Mormonism? What makes Christianity different? Find out in Pastor’s summer Bible study, “One God, many gods” by Concordia Publishing House. Study is every Sunday this summer (June 5th-August 31st), 9:30 AM, in the Old Fellowship Hall. Topics will include Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Satanism, Mormonism, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Scientology, New Age movement, and Atheism. Materials are FREE!
- High School Bible Study – The high school Bible study for grades 9-12 meets in Room 4 on Sunday, 9:30 am. Current topic: Spiritual disciplines through reading and discussion of The Good and Beautiful God by James Bryan Smith. Contact Karin Meissner for more information.
- Junior High School Bible Study – The junior high Bible class for grades 6-8 meets in Room 2 on Sundays, 9:30 AM, during the school year (mid-August to May).
- Monday Evening Ladies Bible Study – Inter-generational, rotating topics, great friendships (Rotates between different ladies’ homes – begins with a light meal at 6:30 pm following with the study beginning at 7 pm)
- LWML Bible Study – meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 9 am in Room 2
- Thursday Morning Bible Buddies – The Bible Buddies meet the 1st and 3rd Thursdays at 10 am in Room 2.
- LifeLight Thursday Evening Study – The LifeLight Bible Study meets Thursday nights, 7 pm, Room 2
- Friday Morning Breakfast Men’s Bible Study – We come together to study God’s Scriptures and for bonding in Christian fellowship. (Second & Fourth Friday of each month at 6:30 am at the Village Inn Restaurant [meeting room] on Wolfensberger Road in Castle Rock)
- Young Adults Bible Study – We meet twice a month on the 2nd and 4th Monday evenings. For further information and schedule, contact Jeff Claar. Current discussion: “Death… Then What?” What happens after we die? What is our Christian hope for heaven and new creation?
- Monthly Bible Breakfast – Ila Twogood serves up a hot breakfast and devotional study (First Saturday of each month, September-May, 8 am, Kitchen/Social Hall)