Job Posting for Worship Director: https://epiphanylc.org/job-post-worship-director-approved-10-20-20/
Epiphany Lutheran Church is in immediate need of applicants for a part-time Worship Director.
Supervises: Choir Director, Praise Team Leader, Worship Accompanist(s), Choir Accompanist, Hand Bell Director
Purpose: To provide inspiring, Biblical, and missional worship services at Epiphany Lutheran Church, drawing on both Lutheran liturgical traditions and contemporary expressions of the Christian faith.
Hours: 10-15 hours per week
Starting Pay: $20-$25 per hour (equiv. $10,000 to $18,750 per year)
- Supervise all existing paid and volunteer music staff.
- Select liturgies and hymns for all public worship services.
- Play organ or piano in rotation of accompanists for worship services.
- Coordinate all special music for public worship.
- Arrange for organist or pianist and accompanist (for soloists) at weddings and funerals (approx. 8-10 per year, paid by honorarium).
- Co-direct Children’s Christmas musical with Director of Christian Education (DCE).
- Develop annual music budget.
- Coordinate expenditures from special music restricted fund.
- Arrange maintenance and support for instruments and technology (e.g., piano tuning, sound system, etc.).
- Organize quarterly special concerts or guest musicians in worship.
- Review weekly worship bulletins.
- Perform other duties as mutually agreed upon.
- Must be a member of a Christian congregation.
- Must live within 20 miles of Castle Rock.
- Must be willing to affirm our Statement of Belief and Statements on Marriage & Sexuality and the Sanctity of Life.
- Pass criminal background check in compliance with state and local laws.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and references to Pastor Chris Matthis at [email protected] or Epiphany Lutheran Church, 550 E. Wolfensberger Rd, Castle Rock, Colorado 80109.