Epiphany Lutheran Church is in immediate need of applicants for a part-time Worship Director.
Supervises: Choir Director, Praise Team Leader, Worship Accompanist(s), Choir Accompanist, Hand Bell Director
Purpose: To provide inspiring, Biblical, and missional worship services at Epiphany Lutheran Church, drawing on both Lutheran liturgical traditions and contemporary expressions of the Christian faith.
Hours: 10-15 hours per week
Starting Pay: $18-$20 per hour
- Select liturgies and hymns for all public worship services, including regular weekend services and special services, that reflect Biblical, confessional, and missional Lutheran theology.
- Supervise all paid and volunteer music staff.
- Play organ or piano in rotation of accompanists for worship services.
- Coordinate schedule of all special music for public worship.
- Communicate sound system needs to sound system team.
- Arrange for organist or pianist and accompanist (for soloists) at weddings and funerals (paid by honorarium).
- Co-direct Children’s Christmas musical with Director of Christian Education (DCE).
- Communicate annual budget needs to Pastor and Church Treasurer.
- Schedule maintenance of instruments and technology (e.g., piano tuning, etc.).
- Evaluate and make recommendations to Pastor and Elders regarding all requests by outside (non-Epiphany) musicians, musical groups, university choirs, bands, etc., for use in public worship and/or special services.
- Review weekly worship bulletins for typographical errors, proper hymns, liturgy, and special music. Provide feedback to office administrator in timely manner for publication of bulletins.
- Lead prayers and devotions at monthly staff meetings (in rotation with other staff)
- Perform other duties as mutually agreed upon.
- Must be a member of a Christian congregation.
- Must live within 20 miles of Castle Rock.
- Must be willing to affirm our Statement of Belief and Statements on Marriage & Sexuality and the Sanctity of Life.
- Pass criminal background check in compliance with state and local laws.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and references to Pastor Chris Matthis at pastorchris @ epiphanylc dot org or Epiphany Lutheran Church, 550 E. Wolfensberger Rd, Castle Rock, CO 80109.