Epiphany offers confirmation classes for junior high youth in 7th and 8th grade (some 6th graders may begin earlier upon agreement of parents and pastor). Confirmation is not a sacrament in the Lutheran Church. Rather, it is the way in which the Church comes alongside parents to help them teach the Christian faith to their children so they can become members who fully receive and give in the congregation. Confirmation is NOT required for salvation. Rather, it is an honored tradition by which children grow and mature in their Christian faith through careful, prayerful study of God’s Word.
As the head of the family should teach them in a simple way to his household (Martin Luther, Small Catechism).
Pastor Chris, Kristi Brindle, and other lay leaders teach our confirmation program, which includes the following features:
- One year of Bible overview (content, history, main message, how Scriptures point to Jesus)
- One year of Christian doctrine (Ten Commandments, Apostles’ Creed, Lord’s Prayer, Baptism, Confession and Absolution, Holy Communion, and more!)
- Sermon Notes (requires church attendance)
- Service Hours (non-paid participation and service at church and/or in a non-profit community organization)
- Faith Expressions Project (final creative project that expresses confirmand’s faith in Christ using their unique talents and personality)
Confirmation meets on Sunday afternoons from 12:45-1:45 PM during the school year. Our 2017-2018 session begins Sunday, August 13th, 2016. There is a materials fee of $30/student.
If you have additional questions about confirmation or wish to enroll your child, please contact Pastor Chris at 303-688-4435 or pastorchris @ epiphanylc . org.
Confirmation files available for download: